What is Vulnerability Management?
Vulnerability management involves properly preparing for a cybersecurity risk in your organization’s environment. Vulnerability management is the key to your organization being able to recover quickly and quietly from a cybersecurity attack.
Once vulnerability management is implemented, your organization will better understand its vulnerabilities and be able to begin to mitigate these areas of risk. Learn more about SpearTip’s high-level recommended vulnerability management process below:
- Perform foot printing to determine your organization’s public presence
- Interrogate authoritative DNS servers
- Execute various discovery techniques to identify public facing systems and services
- Examine point of ingress to identify vulnerable services that could allow unauthorized access
- Research vulnerabilities discovered and review technical findings and create a remediation plan